Yoga workshops are ideal to take your practice to the next level. They help to keep your practice fresh, challenging and stimulating and also offer learning experiences which may not be present in a class setting.
I am pleased to offer you the following workshops in 2017, details as follows:
New Chapel Church Hall New Chapel Lane Horwich Bolton BL6 6QY
Dates: Please see individual dates per workshop. All workshops are held on Sundays
17th September Introduction to Meditation
Learn the techniques of Meditation to quieten the mind. This is an experiential workshop. We will explore what Meditation is and practice a few meditations. We will prepare the body with a short limbering session to enable us to sit in a comfortable seated cross legged posture (or Lotus if you prefer!). Apart from the limbering, please note, there is no yoga practice in this session. Please wear loose comfortable clothing and bring a blanket, a mat (for limbering) and a cushion (or a block) to sit on.
Reserve your place here
10th December Yuletide Yin
Slowly surrender into stillness and listen to the silence. A wonderfully relaxing practice to help keep you calm during the festivities and start to unwind the mind and body as you prepare for the Christmas countdown! Feel the strains and stresses melt away as you delve deep into restorative holding postures that target the connective tissues of the body. This workshop will finish with a yoga nidra relaxation by candlelight! This workshop has previously been sold out. Please book early to secure your space.
Reserve your place here
Please see cost of individual workshop. Pre paid booking essential. Please pay online to secure your place. Bookings remain open until all places are filled. Places are allocated on a first come first served basis. A reservation of your place via Bookwhen is not confirmation of your place. Confirmation of your place is only given when payment has been received. A waiting list may be set, please check per workshop. Workshop fees are not refundable. Please ensure you can commit to attending before payment. No credit given. The cost per workshop includes all tuition and supporting teaching material where applicable (e.g. handouts/workshop notes).
Suitability: All workshops are suitable for all levels except complete beginners (one year minimum regular practice required to attend). Over 18s only. Not suitable during pregnancy.
Equipment: For each workshop, please bring your own mat, blocks, bricks, a belt or strap and a bottle of water. Optional blanket for relaxation. Limited studio equipment available on first come first served basis.
- Arrive on time as each workshop will start and finish promptly. Allow yourself time to park and to settle on to your mat once you have arrived in the studio
- Switch off ALL electronics, especially mobile phones and ensure that all alarms are silenced
- The studio is shoe free so please leave your footwear away from the practice/mat area
- Maintain the integrity of yoga by observing detached awareness and an internal reflective approach to your practice
- Inform me of any medical conditions, injuries or recent surgeries. Workshop are not suitable if you are pregnant
- Keep body and feet clean when attending class. Do not wear strong perfume or scent
- Always be respectful of fellow students, even if their opinion or practice style and experience differs from your own
- Always be respectful of the Instructor and/or guest instructor even if their opinion, practice style or teaching method differs from what you are familiar with